Pagato for Zendesk
If you have questions after reading this, please email us.
How it works
- Email or chat with customers using Zendesk and help them find what they’re looking for.
- Use Pagato to assemble customer orders directly within Zendesk.
- At checkout, send the customer a link to their bill.
- Upon following the link, the customer may review their order and securely submit payment.
To accept payments using Pagato, you need to connect a payment gateway to your Pagato account. We presently support Stripe, Braintree, and QuickBooks Payments. Learn more →
Installing Pagato for Zendesk is simple. Go to the Apps Marketplace under the Admin panel in Zendesk. Find the Pagato App and click the Install button.
After installing the App, navigate to a ticket in Zendesk Support, click Apps on the top-right, and you will see Pagato.
In Zendesk Chat, navigate to an active chat and you will see Pagato to the right of the chat window.
Sign in using your Pagato account credentials or sign up for a free trial.
Upon signing in to Pagato, you will see a list of existing customers that were imported when you connected your payment gateway. Alternatively, if no customers were found in your gateway, you will see a prompt to create a first customer record. Customer records are the fundamental data type in Pagato with which all other data (addresses, payment methods, orders, payments, etc.) is associated.
Create a customer
- In the Pagato app, click button to display the new-customer dialog.
- Edit customer information as needed and click the button to save the customer and return to the customer list.
- From the customer list, click on your newly-created customer to view further options:
- Add address(es)
- Store payment methods on file
- Build orders and accept payments
- View order history
Create an order
- From the chat view of the Zendesk Agent app, click on the expand-plugin icon to open Pagato.
- Select an existing customer record or click to add a new customer.
- Click the button to open the Orders dialog.
- Click to open the New Order dialog.
- Start typing the name of the desired item and select from the autocomplete list to add the item to the order. Repeat until order is complete.
- Set the Select card menu to Send payment link.
- Click Save, then select Checkout.
- Copy the checkout link and paste it into your Zendesk conversation.
Upon clicking the checkout link, the customer is taken to a secure web view that displays their order and allows them to submit payment (example). When the customer completes the checkout flow, Pagato updates the order status to Paid and notifies you via email and push notification.
- Getting Started with Pagato
- Open item sales (non-inventory)
- Address Capture
- Pagato Vault card-on-file solution
If you need help after reading this, send us an email. We're always happy to help.