Pagato for LiveChat
Pagato for LiveChat provides a simple way to take orders and accept payments while chatting with customers in LiveChat.
If you have questions after reading this, please email us.
How it works
Chat with a customer, take their order using Pagato, then send them a link to their bill.
The customer interacts with a web view that handles the checkout process and securely captures payment.
The merchant is notified upon successful payment and fulfills the order.
To accept payments using Pagato, you must connect a payment gateway to your Pagato account. We presently support Stripe, Braintree, and QuickBooks Payments. Learn more →
Don't have a Pagato account? Sign up for a free trial.
To enable the LiveChat integration, follow the steps below:
- Go to the LiveChat Pagato installation page.
- Click Install to proceed.
- Now, go to the chat view of the LiveChat Agent app and click the Pagato app button to open Pagato.
- Sign in to Pagato.
The integration is now enabled.
Upon initially signing in to the Pagato plugin for LiveChat, you will see a list of existing customers that were imported when you connected your payment gateway. Alternatively, if no customers were found in your gateway, you will see a prompt to create a first customer record. Customer records are the fundamental data type in Pagato with which all other data (addresses, payment methods, orders, payments, etc.) is associated.
Create an order
To create an order in Pagato, follow the steps below:
- From the chat view of the LiveChat Agent app, click the Pagato app button.
- Select an existing customer record or click to add a new customer.
- Click the button to open the Orders dialog.
- Click to open the New Order dialog.
- Start typing the name of the desired item and select from the autocomplete list to add the item to the order. Repeat until order is complete.
- Set the Select card menu to Send payment link.
- Click Save, then select Checkout.
- Copy the checkout link (view example) and paste it into your LiveChat conversation.
When a customer clicks a checkout link, they are taken to a secure web view that displays their order and allows them to submit payment. When the customer completes the checkout flow Pagato updates the order status to Paid and notifies you via email and push notification.
- Getting Started with Pagato
- Open item sales (non-inventory)
- Address Capture
- Pagato Vault card-on-file solution
If you need help after reading this, send us an email. We're always happy to help.