Pagato for Front
The Pagato plugin for Front provides a simple way to take customer orders and accept payments right from your Front inbox.
If you have questions after reading this, please email us.
How it works
- Message with customers in Front and help them find what they’re looking for.
- Use the Pagato plugin to assemble customer orders directly within Front.
- At checkout, send the customer a link to their bill.
- Upon following the link, the customer may review their order and securely submit payment.
To accept payments using Pagato, first you must connect a payment gateway to your Pagato account. We presently support Stripe, Braintree, and QuickBooks Payments. Learn more →
Additionally, you will need admin privileges in Front in order to enable the Pagato plugin.
- Sign in to Front, then go into your Settings and select Integrations, then search for Pagato.
- On the Pagato integration page, click on Settings, switch the toggle on, then click Save to enable the Pagato integration.
- Back in your Inbox, click on the expand-plugin icon to open the right pane, then choose the Pagato plugin from the dropdown menu.
- Sign in using your Pagato account credentials or create a Pagato account.
Upon signing in to Pagato, you will see a list of existing customers that were imported when you connected your payment gateway. Alternatively, if no customers were found in your gateway, you will see a prompt to create a first customer record. Customer records are the fundamental data type in Pagato with which all other data (addresses, payment methods, orders, payments, etc.) is associated.
Create a customer
- In the Pagato plugin, click button to display the new-customer dialog. If there is an open conversation in Front, Pagato will pre-populate customer form fields with customer data from Front.
- Edit customer information as needed and click the button to save the customer and return to the customer list.
- From the customer list, click on your newly-created customer to view further options:
- Add address(es)
- Store payment methods on file
- Build orders and accept payments
- View order history
Create an order
- From your Front Inbox, click on the expand-plugin icon to open the Pagato plugin.
- Select an existing customer record or click to add a new customer.
- Click the button to open the Orders dialog.
- Click to open the New Order dialog.
- Start typing the name of the desired item and select from the autocomplete list to add the item to the order. Repeat until order is complete.
- Set the Select card menu to Send payment link.
- Click Save, then select Checkout.
- Copy the checkout link and paste it into your Front conversation.
Upon clicking the checkout link, the customer is taken to a secure web view that displays their order and allows them to submit payment (example). When the customer completes the checkout flow, Pagato updates the order status to Paid and notifies you via email and push notification.
Pagato automatically loads customer info when you switch conversations in Front. If the sender of an open conversation is not known to Pagato, Pagato will pre-populate the new-customer form, making it easy to add the new customer.
- Getting Started with Pagato
- Open item sales (non-inventory)
- Address Capture
- Pagato Vault card-on-file solution
If you need help after reading this, send us an email. We're always happy to help.